There are more welds made each day with resistance and solid-state processes than with any other welding process. These include a broad range of overlapping technologies.
Generally, resistance welding technologies are those which use Joule, or resistance heating, in order to accomplish joining. Solid state processes are those which, through a combination of deformation and diffusion, allow joining to be accomplished without molten, and re-solidified material in the final bond area.
EWI is adept at all resistance-based processes:
- Resistance Spot Welding (RSW)
- Resistance Projection Welding (RPW)
- Resistance Seam Welding (RSEW)
- Flash and Resistance Butt Welding (FW and UW)
- Magnetic Pulse Welding (MPW)