EWI Headquarters, Columbus, OH
The Advanced Sheet Metal Forming Technology Workshop brings together OEMs, stampers, material producers, forming equipment builders, simulation software developer, lubricant suppliers, and academia to discuss important issues related to the current practice and advancement of sheet metal forming technology. This year, we will have presentations from the experts from Honda, FCA, Magna, PMA, OSU, and EWI covering the following topics:
- Recent advances in cold, warm, and hot stamping technologies
- A synthesis of design, lightweight materials, and forming processes
- Evolving testing and NDE measurement methods for the material properties and fracture of aluminum alloys and AHSS
- Evaluation methods for friction and wear for aluminum and AHSS
- Applications of the servo-motor press in forming of aluminum and AHSS
- Workforce development for the US stamping industry
- FEA of the GEN3 AHSS and the incremental sheet forming process
A welcome reception will take place at 5:00 pm at EWI on October 9. Technical presentations, discussions and the facility tour will run from 8:30 am through 4:00 pm on October 10. To register for this workshop, please click here.
OPPORTUNITY FOR EXHIBITORS: The workshop will feature a supplier exhibit area which will be open during all breaks and lunch. Registration as an exhibitor includes a display table in the hospitality area and full admission to the workshop sessions. To take advantage of this exhibit opportunity, click here.