Laser Paint Stripping Technology Promising for Heavy Manufacturers
By Mary Wilmoth on Tuesday, August 7th, 2012
EWI has developed and commercialized a patent-pending polygonal laser technology that delivers the highest paint stripping efficiency, highest paint stripping rates, and best effluent management of any industrial paint-stripping technology ever reported. Designed to remove paint from aircraft, the technology can also be applied to railcars, ships, bridges, and other industrial applications. No chemicals are used in the process. Compared to other scanners on the market, EWI’s device is smaller, lighter, more robust, and lower cost. Watch the video.
Facts at a Glance
- Highest paint stripping efficiency ever reported: up to 50 m/s scan speed
- Highest paint stripping rates ever reported: up to 6 SQFT/min.
- Best effluent management: integrated fume removal
- Small size and light weight: constant scan velocity across scan width
- Robust hardware: all reflective optics; just one moving part
My name is Mary Wilmoth, EWI Marketing Manager. To learn more about our new laser paint stripping, email email@example.com or post a note below.