The Facts About The Japanese Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Plant: A Conference Call & Webinar Provided By EWI Energy Center
By Lisa Austin on Tuesday, March 22nd, 2011
EWI will host a conference call and webinar through its EWI Energy Center today at 2:00 pm – 3:00 pm EDT. The call will focus on the recent events in Japan that have heightened public concern over the safety and feasibility of using nuclear power. This concern, coupled with the data fog of information, has created an atmosphere where the lines between fact and conjecture are extremely blurred.
EWI wants to provide access to the data regarding the situation at Japan’s Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Plant in a form that is understandable to a non-Nuclear Engineer. The conference call and webinar will give you access to experts from the nuclear industry. They will provide you with the chain of events, without sensationalism or hypotheses, regarding what has transpired in Japan over the last week and half. You will hear directly from the experts and will have an opportunity to get your questions answered.
Our panel of industry experts include:
- David Blee – U.S. Nuclear Infrastructure Council
- Lake Barrett – Former Deputy Director, Office of Radioactive Waste Management
- Edward Davis – Former President, American Nuclear Energy Council
- Dan Yurman – American Nuclear Society
- Nate Ames – Director, Nuclear Fabrication Consortium, Operated by EWI
You can join the discussion in two ways:
- Via teleconference by dialing 614.384.5247 and using pin code: 029468#
- Via the web by using the following link: http://InstantTeleseminar.com/?eventID=18477552 (please note, using the web link allows you to ask questions to the panel)
The call and webinar will start at 2:00 pm EDT today, Tuesday, March 22, 2011. We have received a lot of interest and space is limited. The event will be posted online at http://nuclearfabrication.org/facts-about-fukushima/. A fact sheet is available at http://nuclearfabrication.org/japanese-nuclear-facts-sheet/.