EWI is committed to ensuring digital accessibility for people with disabilities. We are continually improving the user experience for everyone. This means applying the relevant accessibility standards as they are determined nationally.
Measures to support accessibility
EWI takes the following measures to support the accessibility of our website:
- Include accessibility as part of our strategic initiatives.
- Integrate accessibility into our procurement practices.
- Appoint an accessibility officer.
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) defines requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA. EWI seeks to meet the WCAG 2.1 AA guidelines.
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of EWI’s website. Please let us know if you encounter accessibility barriers on the website by contacting us at:
- Phone: (614)688-5000
- E-mail: [email protected]
- Postal address: 1250 Arthur E. Adams Drive, Columbus, Ohio 43221
We try to respond to feedback within 5 business days.
Compatibility with browsers and assistive technology
The EWI website is designed to be compatible with the following assistive technologies:
- Browsers: Those made by Apple (Safari Version 13.0.4), Google (Chrome Version 79.0.3945.130 (Official Build) (64-bit))
- Desktop assistive technology: Apple built-in screen reader called “VoiceOver”. Windows screen readers JAWS or NVDA.
- Mobile assistive technology: Apple built-in screen reader called “VoiceOver” (If does not work with Chrome, switch browsers to Safari). Android built-in screen reader called “TalkBack.”
The EWI website is not compatible with:
- Browsers older than 3 major versions” or “Mobile operating systems older than 4 years old. Mobile: Not supported on Blackberry, Opera Min/Mobile, Windows Phone or other mobile browsers.
Accessibility of the EWI website relies on the following technologies to work with the particular combination of web browser and any assistive technologies or plugins installed on your computer:
These technologies are relied upon for conformance with the accessibility standards used.
Formal approval of this accessibility statement
This Accessibility Statement is approved by:
Edison Welding Institute, Inc.