If integrating or optimizing additive manufacturing processes in your company’s operations is important to you, then you want to spend some time with Frank Medina, Additive Manufacturing Technology Leader at EWI. Frank directs a team of solution-focused AM experts who work to help manufacturers with technical and innovation challenges in six primary areas: material/process development, process sensing and control, post process inspection, advancing additive manufacturing processes/machines, supporting property database generation, and design for additive manufacturing. Frank’s – and EWI’s – goal is to help your organization benefit from broader adoption of metals additive manufacturing by industry through the development, demonstration, and innovation of critical technologies along the AM process chain.
Finding Frank in your part of the country is going to be easy this spring, as he will be speaking and teaching at several professional conferences and meetings. Look for his presentations at the following events:
AeroDef 2017, Fort Worth Convention Center (TX), March 6-9
- Workshop: “Fundamentals of Additive Manufacturing for Aerospace,” March 6, 1-4 PM
- Presentation: “Processing Superalloy Materials in Additive Manufacturing Using Electron Beam Melting Technology,” March 8, 2:45 PM
Advanced Design & Manufacturing Cleveland, Huntington Convention Center of Cleveland (OH), March 29-20
- Presentation: “Manufacturing Design Considerations for Metal Additive Manufacturing:Medical Implants and Beyond,” March 29, 11:00 AM
Aero Mat 2017, Charleston Convention Center (SC), April 10-12
- Presentation: “Large-Scale Additive Manufacturing Production and Inspection for Aerospace Components”
- Presentation: “Selecting the Correct Material and Technology for AM Development”
RAPID, David L. Lawrence Convention Center – Pittsburgh (PA), May 8-11
- Presentation: “Optimizing TiAl EBM Parameters for Aerospace Components”
AMPM 2017, Las Vegas (NV), June 13-15
- Presentation: “AM Powder Recycling and Reconditioning”
If you would like to meet with Frank at any of these events or would like to connect sooner regarding a project, he can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or 716.710.5540.