Every year at FABTECH, the AWS Professional Program offers a full lineup of educational sessions led by industry experts on new developments and best practices in welding. This year, EWI is pleased to present eight technical talks in the program:
- Evolution of Analytical Modeling Approaches for Resistance Spot Welding: A Historical Perspective — Jerry Gould, Senior Technology Leader, as part of the Plenary Session on Tuesday, 11/8 at 9:00 AM.
- Application of Polarity Switching Capacitor Discharge Welding to Aluminum Sheet Structures — Lindsey Lindamood, Applications Engineer as part of Session 5: Welding Process Studies. Tuesday 11/8 at 2:00 PM.
- High Speed Video (HSV) and Synchronized Data Acquisition (DAQ) to Observe Welding Process Stability — James Logan McNeil, Project Engineer at part of Session 4: Automation, Sensing & Control. Tuesday 11/8 at 2:20 PM.
- Buried Arc GMAW for Single-pass, Single-sided Erection Joints Onboard Ships — Jim Hansen, Project Engineer, as part of Session 5: Welding Process Studies. Tuesday 11/8 at 2:20 PM.
- WeldVac: A Quiet, Clean Metal Removal System — Paul Blomquist, Business Development Director for Government Programs, and Jason Rausch, Applications Engineer, as part of Session 5: Welding Process Studies. Tuesday 11/8 at 3:20 PM
- An Investigation into the Effects of Stir Zone Chemistry on Fracture Toughness in Friction Stir Welded Pipeline Grade Steel — Mike Eff, Principal Engineer, as part of Session 6: Mechanical Properties. Wednesday 11/9 at 9:00 AM.
- Deleterious Phase Avoidance in Additively Manufactured Functional Gradients Through Path Planning — Olga Eliseeva, Project Engineer, as part of Session 8: Additive Manufacturing. Wednesday 11/9 at 2:40 PM.
- The Effects of Post-weld Processing on Friction Stir Welded Additive Manufactured AlSi10Mg — Mike Eff (session chair), Principal Engineer, as part of Session 8: Additive Manufacturing. Wednesday 11/9 at 3:40 PM.
If you are attending FABTECH, please plan to join us for one or more of these technical talks. You can also stop by the EWI exhibit booth (C-13101) at the FABTECH expo to speak to our presenters and learn about our applied R&D for manufacturing.
For more information about the AWS Professional Program, click here.
Interested in learning more about EWI’s R&D capabilities and services? Contact us at ewi.org/contact-us or 614.688.5152.