The AWS Sheet Metal Welding Conference (SMWC XVIII) has announced its call for papers on the topic of “Welding Solutions for Lightweight Vehicle Production.” The conference, sponsored in partnership with EWI and ALAW, will be held October 17-18, 2018, in Livonia, Michigan. According to Jerry Gould, EWI Senior Technical Advisor and SMWC Technical Co-chair, topics of interest include:
- Resistance Welding
- Fusion Welding
- Solid-state Joining
- Mechanical Fastening
- Hybrid Joining Methods
- Weld Inspection and Repair
- Vehicle Performance Simulation and Assessment
- Joining of Advanced Steels
- Dissimilar Materials Joining
- Materials and Weldability
- Welding Process Monitoring and Control
- Non-sheet Metal Joining
For full details on abstract submission, click here now.
Questions about SMWC XVIII? Contact Jerry Gould at [email protected].