If you are interested in EWI’s latest R&D for applied manufacturing, you can hear about it directly from our engineers throughout the month of March. EWI specialists will share new findings and applications at the following public forums and conferences over the next several weeks:
- Women in Welding Virtual Conference, March 16, 2023 – Connie LaMorte, Principal Engineer for Design, Controls, and Automation will give a featured presentation on Automation in Manufacturing. She will also participate in a speakers’ panel at the conclusion of the event.
- AMPP Annual Conference, March 19-23, 2023 – Bill Mohr, Principal Engineer for Structural Engineering, will speak on Diffusion of Hydrogen into Pipeline Steel Around an External Weld on Monday, March 20. Joshua James, Research Leader and Principal Engineer, will discuss EWI work in three conference sessions: Cold Spray Application for In-field Corrosion and Damage Repair, The Complex Synergy of Delayed Environmentally Assisted Cracking Transmission Gear Assemblies, and Tele-Inspection Nondestructive Evaluation For Corrosion Applications.
- Additive Manufacturing Users Group (AMUG) Conference, March 19-23, 2023 – Ajay Krishnan, AM Applications Engineer, will present Demystifying L-PBF Throughput on Wednesday, March 22.
- TMS Annual Meeting, March 19-23, 2023 – Michael Eff, will speak on Repair of Rail via Additive Friction Stir Deposition on Monday, March 20.
- NSRP All Panel Meeting, March 28-30 – Five EWI associates will present recent research outcomes:
- Jim Hansen, Project Engineer — Portable, Single-pass, Buried Arc Welding of Steel Plate During Ship Erection
- Paul Blomquist, Business Development Director for Maritime Technology — High Productivity Reduced Emissions Arc Gouging Process
- Michael Carney, Senior Engineer — Next Generation Double Electrode GMAW Processes for Precision Fillet Welding
- Connie LaMorte, Principal Engineer — Tele-welding Shipyard Prototype for Welding (and Other) Applications
- Dennis Harwig, Senior Technology Leader — Robotic Arc Directed Energy Deposition of Large-format Marine Propellers
For more information about upcoming presentations at professional events, visit https://ewi.org/events.