Another day, another engineering innovation, another acronym. Today’s acronym: ICME, or Integrated Computational Materials Engineering. If you haven’t heard it yet, don’t worry, you will.
ICME is an emerging discipline that can accelerate materials development and unify design and manufacturing. It’s something EWI’s materials scientists and modeling engineers, as well as our friends at TMS (The Minerals, Metals & Materials Society), are excited about. And rightly so… ICME could change the way auto, aerospace, defense, energy, heavy industrial and consumer manufacturers approach design challenges in the near future.
Recognizing the importance of this emerging field, EWI and TMS have teamed up to create a new 2-day technical workshop on ICME with an emphasis on materials joining and allied technologies. Applying ICME to Solve Manufacturing Challenges will take place at EWI in Columbus, Ohio on September 19-20, 2012.
Speakers from EWI, TMS, Scientific Forming Technologies Corp. (SFTC), The Ohio State University (OSU), Ohio Supercomputer Center (OSC), U.S. Naval Research Laboratory (NRL), U.S. Air Force Research Laboratory (AFRL), and ExxonMobil will be featured. Topics will include:
- Modeling to ICME: An introduction to integrating modeling with experimental verification for Accelerating Manufacturing
- ICME, the Materials Genome Initiative, and Vision for how this Fits into Other ICME/MGI Activities
- An Integrated Modeling and Experimental Study of Static Strain Aging in
- Blue Collar Computing
- Introducing Modeling to the Manufacturing Process, Advanced
Manufacturing, and Others
- Integrated Computational Material, Process and Lifing Models
- Minimization of Welding Distortion and Buckling: Modeling and
- Reliable Process Simulations of Metal Forming
- Modeling and Simulation of NDE
- Transducer Modeling and Experimental Validation for Advanced Ultrasonic
- Thermo-Structural Modeling, Design, and Materials Selection of Multi-
- Experimental Methods for ICME
- ICME applied to Non-Destructive Evaluation
I’m Mary Wilmoth, EWI Marketing Manager. Let me know if you have questions or if I can help you get registered. Reach me anytime at [email protected].