Registration is Open for EWI/OSU Sheet Metal Forming Technology Workshop
By Rebecca Gurk on Monday, September 19th, 2016
EWI Forming Center, in coordination with The Ohio State University’s Center for Precision Forming (OSU/CPF), will be presenting a workshop, “Advanced Sheet Metal Forming Technology – Issues and Applications,” on October 13, 2016, at EWI in Columbus, OH.
This workshop brings together OEMs, stampers, material producers, forming equipment builders, lubricant suppliers and academia to discuss important is
sues related to the current practice and advancement of sheet metal forming technology.
Technical presentations and discussions will feature the following:
- Recent advanced in cold, warm and hot stamping technologies
- Characterization methods for the material properties of aluminum alloys and AHSS
- Evaluation methods for friction and wear for aluminum and AHSS
- Process simulation using FEA to reduce die/process development time
- Applications of servo-motor press in forming of aluminum and AHSS
The program will begin with welcome reception at 5:00 pm at EWI on October 12, and will feature a supplier exhibit starting the next morning. Technical presentations and discussions will run from 8:30 am through 4:00 pm on October 13.
To register as an attendee or exhibitor, click here.